COVID-19 update: face to face assessment centres have been suspended due to COVID19. Plans are in place for replacement online assessment centres, further details to follow.
Assessment centres vary from force to force, but typically this stage of the application process takes around half a day and you'll undertake the following:
- A competency-based structured interview with four questions (20 minutes)
- A numerical ability test (23 minutes)
- A verbal ability test (30 minutes)
- Two written exercises (30 minutes each)
- Four interactive exercises (10 minutes each)
You’ll also need to demonstrate you have good written communication skills, which will involve either:
- Sitting two written exercises before or on the Assessment Centre day
- Making sure you have a qualification in written English equivalent to Functional Skills Level 2 English.